Launched by the Government in 2007 the Code for Sustainable Homes replaces EcoHomes as the National standard to be used in the design and construction of new-build residential properties in England.
The code is a set of sustainable design principles covering performance in 9 key areas:
- Energy & CO2 emissions
- Surface water run-off
- Health & well-being
The code uses a rating system of 1-6 stars and involves a Design Stage Report and a Post Construction Report which is submitted to the Building Research Establishment to provide a final code certificate.
Formal code assessment of new-build dwellings can only be carried out by a suitably qualified, licensed and registered, Code Assessor.
Developers wishing to lead the field in sustainable development will want to have their developments assessed under the code as soon as possible in the project life cycle to achieve as high a code as possible.
At The Syntegra Group,¬†we offer Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment at different stages of the development project tailored to the client and project requirements:
- Pre-assessment reports for planning application guidance and submission;
- Pre-assessment reports, advice, and guidance at the design stage
- Planning stage guidance where Code for Sustainable Homes is required as a planning condition
- Registration of the development as a Code for Sustainable Homes development
- Full design review and advice on the most appropriate code level achievement strategy for your development
- Design team liaison to ensure knowledge develops along with the project
- Guidance on achieving specific ratings
- Design stage assessment of the project for interim certificate issue
- Post-construction stage site visit inspection for final code certificate issue
- Retro-fit design advice in relation to CSH target code level compliance
Code Assessment – additional specialist areas
- (ENE 1) -SAP calculations
- (EN E 7) – Low Zero Carbon (LZC) feasibility studies
- (SUR 1&2) – Hydrologist & Flood Risk Assessment reports
- (HEA 1) – Daylighting calculations
- (MAN 1) – Home user guide production
- (ECO1-ECO5) – Ecology consultancy for Ecology CATEGORY 9
The Syntegra Group’s¬†experienced and qualified Code Assessors provide¬†our Code for Sustainable Homes Assessment throughout the UK.
For more information as to how we can assist as Code Assessors on your project please contact us.