Building information modelling (BIM) is a new way of approaching the design and documentation of building projects.
- Building : the entire life-cycle of the building is considered (design/build/operations)
- Information : BIM data can be used to illustrate the building life cycle, from cradle to cradle
- Modelling : defining and simulating the building, its delivery, and operation using integrated tools
The Government Construction Strategy was published by the Cabinet Office on 31 May 2011 and revealed the Governments intention to require 3D BIM (with all projects and asset information, documentation and data being electronic) on its projects by 2016. Essentially the UK Government has embarked with industry on a four year programme for sector modernisation with the key objective of: reducing capital cost and the carbon burden from the construction and operation of the built environment by 20%.
â€śBIM is the first truly global digital construction technology and will soon be deployed in every country in the world.”
BIM allows modelling and managing data for sharing information through construction and the whole building lifecycle, eliminating the need to re-enter data and avoiding data loss, miscommunication and translation errors.
At The Syntegra Group,Â we have all the knowledge to help you to make the transition to a BIM environment from individual BIM elements to a full BIM strategy.
Our BIM offerings include:
- BIM Drafting, Drawing and Documentations
- Parametric Family Creation
- Complete Architectural, Structural, MEP BIM creation
- Inter-discipline Co-ordination, Integrations and Clash Detection check
- Construction Sequencing
- Material Management
- BOQ, Costing and QS
- BIM conversion
- 3D Visualization