The Syntegra Group’s environmental consultancy division’sÂ involvement in projects ranges from the early feasibility to post application stages, including pre-application screening work and the discharging of planning conditions with sensitivity towards cost and programme implications.
Our environmental consultantsÂ provide a range of environmental consulting services relating to planning applications or operational management. With a thorough understanding of the planning system and the procedural and technical aspects of environmental impact assessment; we can provide advice relating to:
- Flood Risk assessment
- Ecology and habitats assessments
- S106 agreements and the discharge of planning conditions
- Site investigation, phase 1 and phase 2 intrusive soil surveys
- Hydraulic modelling of groundwater and groundwater sampling and analysis
- Air quality dispersion Â modelling and sampling
- Noise assessment and noise modelling
- Environmental statements and EIA (environmental impact assessments) for statutory and non-statutory projects
- Environmental management systems (ISO 14001:2004)
- Construction Site Waste Management Plans (SWMP, Site audits and evaluation
- Due diligence as required by investors for the sale or transfer of property and land
- Environmental management plans and site based environmental audits
- Sustainability statements
Planning applications for larger or more complex development proposals are often required by law to be supported by a formal EIA or environmental statement. A plethora of planning legislation has been established over the years, making it clear that environmental impact assessment should be a thorough process and strongly evidence based.
The planning risk of legal challenge, financial risk and the risk to the Â development Â programmes all merit the support of a robust environmental statement or EIA.
Our strategic approach to environmental impact assessment can be effectively integrated into the wider management of the projectâ€™s sustainability issues and tailored to the project in question.